Registering With Beanstream
You register for a Beanstream account with the Beanstream Account Application Form, or by calling 1-888-472-0811. Be sure to mention Volusion when you call.
Once your merchant account has been set up with Beanstream, you'll receive a username and password to log in and manage your account, as well as a merchant ID.
Connecting Volusion With Beanstream
Once you have a Beanstream merchant ID number, you'll need to use it to integrate your Beanstream account with your Volusion store, as follows:
- Log in to your Admin Area and go to Settings > Payment.
- On the Payment Gateway tab, select Canada as the Gateway Country.
- Select Beanstream from the Gateway Name menu.
- Enter your Beanstream Merchant ID, Username, and Password, then click Save.
Your store should now be ready to accept and process credit card payments through Beanstream.
Configuring Beanstream for Refunds, Voids, and More
Once your Beanstream account has been created, you'll need to configure some settings within your account in order for your store to be able to process credit payment voids and refunds.
- Log in to your Beanstream account and click on the Administration link in the menu bar.
- Next, click on the Account Settings link, and then click on Order Settings.
- Deselect the Restrict Internet Transaction Processing Types option.
- Select the option labeled Use Username/Password Validation Against Transaction.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter any values you wish - these fields are unrelated to your Beanstream account username and password - and click the Update button.
Once you've applied these settings to your Beanstream account, you need to enter the username and password that you defined within the Beanstream Order Settings page into your store's Payment page.
Now you can process credits and voids.
Note for Current Beanstream-Based Merchants
If your store is already integrated with Beanstream, you can "upgrade" to Volusion's updated Beanstream integration to access all 5 major sale/authorization modes by following the instructions above, starting with Connecting Volusion with Beanstream.
Select Canada as your country and then choose Beanstream as your gateways. Re-enter your Beanstream merchant ID and click Save to use Volusion's new Beanstream integration.