We all make mistakes sometimes. When people are sending emails from their phones and their thumbs are flying, typos happen. The result could be that they misaddress an email that’s meant for you.
Thankfully, by setting up a Volusion “catch-all” email inbox, you’ll be able to capture emails sent to any address ending with your store’s domain name (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) and re-route them to your inbox.
Note that this process only applies for merchants who host email with Volusion.
Accessing the Rackspace Control Panel
To access your Rackspace account's control panel through my.volusion.com, do the following:
- Click the Manage Email link in the navigation menu on the left.
- From the Domain menu, select the domain name associated with the account(s) you wish to manage.
- On the following page, click Advanced Settings to open the Rackspace control panel.
Creating a Mailbox or Alias
To turn on the catch-all alias, you must have at least one valid mailbox or alias to assign the catch-all alias to.
You can create a mailbox within Rackspace using the following steps:
- Click Add/Edit a Mailbox under the Email Hosting heading within the control panel.
- Click the Add Mailbox button on the following screen.
- Enter the name for your new mailbox into the User Name field.
- Enter a password for your new mailbox into the Password and Confirm fields on this page.
- Click Save to finish creating your mailbox.
You can create an alias within Rackspace using the following steps:
- Click the Manage Aliases link under the Email Hosting heading in the control panel.
- On the following page, click the Add Alias button.
- Enter the name for your new alias into the Create New Alias field.
- Select any address that belongs to your store domain and click the Add button to add addresses to your alias.
- You can also use the controls near the bottom of the page to add up to four addresses outside of your store's domain to your new alias.
- Click the Save button when finished.
Once you have at least one mailbox or alias created, you can enable the catch-all alias using the following steps:
- One the Control Panel Main page, click More under the Domains section.
- On the following page, click the Catch-All Address link under the Tools heading.
- Enable the Activate Catch-All Address option.
- Enter the full address or alias you wish to use for the catch-all into the field provided on this page.
- Click Save.
Never miss an email again with the “catch-all” alias. You can be sure to see any email directed to your business, even if they didn’t get the name right.