As more customers begin making regular purchases online, it's more important than ever to develop engaging content for your products! Here are some fields you can fill out to really make your stock shine. ✨
Available Areas for Product Descriptions
There are a number of fields you can use to add descriptive text on each product page. Just follow these easy steps:
- Go to Inventory > Products and click a product code to open the product edit page.
- You can add the main product description to the Description field under Basic Info.
- Click to expand the Advanced Info section, then select the Product Descriptions tab.
- Enter descriptions and formatting into any of the available fields to add the content to the product page!
The Product Description Short field will display on the product's category page(s) and in search results.
Describe All Features 🤔
These days, customers (and search engines) don't want to read a manufacturer's product description. Instead, customers want to read an informative and accurate description from a real person. Use some of the brainstorming questions below when writing content for your product descriptions.
- What are the features of the product?
- What are the benefits of purchasing the product?
- What are the dimensions of the product?
- What are the materials used in the product?
- What are the maintenance instructions for this product?
The best product pages use accurate descriptive text and detailed product photos to entice shoppers.
Unless you're sure that your customers will understand industry jargon, you should take a sentence or two to define any professional slang in your product descriptions!
Avoid using sentences that are riddled with technical phrases without context. For example: "This mic offers excellent transient response and substantial dynamic headroom to reduce nonlinearity."
Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling 🤓
Language is less structured in the internet age, but grammar, spelling and punctuation still play an important role in your business' credibility!
Be sure to follow grammar rules, maintain clear sentence structure and double check your spelling!
Keep it Legible
Many customers don't want to read a huge block of text. Make it simple for the skimmers by using a clearly legible font and font size. Also, consider using bullet points or font emphasis to make the main features stand out in the description!
Be Genuine 😊
You can increase your connection with your customers by helping them to understand that you are a genuine, real person and not a big, impersonal company. Whether you've used your products or not, be sure to personalize the description and use subjective language.
Product descriptions are some of the most important aspects of your store. Detailed, well-written descriptions will give customers the information they want...and get them spending more!