Constant Contact is a Volusion email marketing partner that is suited to help small businesses, associations and nonprofits connect with their customers. To make using Constant Contact even easier, you can use Cazoomi SyncApps to integrate your Volusion and Constant Contact customer databases.
Create a Constant Contact Account
To begin integrating your customer database with Constant Contact, you must first create a Constant Contact account. Visit the Constant Contact website to get started!
Create a Cazoomi Account
The Volusion API integrates with Constant Contact using the framework provided by Cazoomi SyncApps. To get started, visit the Cazoomi site and sign up for the plan that works for you!
- On your Cazoomi Sync Dashboard, click Create a New Sync Profile.
- Give your Sync Profile a relevant Name.
- From the Sync Type dropdown menu, select Volusion to Constant Contact Sync.
- After reading the relevant data points on the Create Sync Profile page, click Next.
- On the next page, paste in your Generic Customers Export URL and click Next. See the below section for help getting this URL.
- On the next Constant Contact setup page, type in your Constant Contact Username and Password, and name the list how you would like it to appear in your Constant Contact account. Click Next.
- Select any Add-ons that you would like and click Next.
- On the Field Mapping page, select any additional Volusion fields that you would like mapped into your Constant Contact Custom Fields. You must also select a mapping direction for each mapping record from the Direction dropdown menu.* Click Next to move on.
- By default, you can only set the Sync Interval to Every 24 hours. Click Finish to complete the Sync setup.
Over the next 24 hours, your Constant Contact account will be updated with all customer records which have the Email Subscriber field checked.
*Note: The following fields are synced by default (if you leave Do Not Sync Address and Do Not Sync Contact's Company Name unchecked at step 6 above) without mapping: Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Home Phone, Address Lines 1 & 2, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Country, Company Name.
Getting Your Generic Customers Export URL
- In your Admin Area, go to Inventory > Volusion API.
- Click Run to the left of the Generic\Customers text.
- Click Run at the top of the Generic\Customers page.
- Copy the full URL from the field labeled ...or use this URL.
Use this URL when configuring your Cazoomi account!
Updating This URL
Note that every time you change your Administrator password for your Volusion store, you will need to update the Generic Customers Export URL in your Cazoomi account.
With the Basic Cazoomi account, your Volusion Customers database will sync with your Contacts database within your Constant Contact account every 24 hours.
Need an extra hand? Cazoomi Support is available at Cazoomi.com to help you troubleshoot any sync issues.
For even more info, see "Using Constant Contact with Volusion"!