Shipping 🚚 is one of the most important aspects of an online business. Customers want to know their purchases 📦 will get to them in a timely manner, and they don’t want to pay too much for it.
If you've set up live rate integration with UPS, FedEx, USPS, and/or Canada Post, your store will automatically return live rates.
But you don’t have to just accept just any ol’ rates from your friends at UPS. You can contact them to review your shipping contract and trends, and wheel and deal to lock in a better rate.
After registering with UPS for negotiated shipping rates, you'll receive a Shipper Number from UPS that must be entered into your store, as follows:
- In your Admin Area, go to Settings > Config Variables > Search.
- Type "Shipping UPS" in the Name field.
- Click the blue Search button.
- In the Shipping UPS Shipper Number field, enter the shipper number provided by UPS.
- In the Shipping UPS Username field, enter the username you use to log in at ups.com.
- In the Shipping UPS Password field, enter the password you use to log in at ups.com.
You should now be able to receive negotiated rates via UPS, which will make it more efficient for you to do things like ...
Invoicing: Send customers their invoice sooner; no need to wait for your UPS carrier bill receipt. You reduce Days Sales Outstanding.
Order Entry: Provide the right rates at order entry
Cost Allocation: Accurately allocate charges among departments
There’s nothing that’s more exciting to a shopper than receiving what they purchased online. Give them a variety of shipping options to choose from, and give yourself a break on rates by negotiating with your package partners at UPS.