One of the perks of being a Volusion store founder is how easy it is to process plastic payments. We make it possible by partnering with a third-party gateway. You can think of it as a virtual version of those swipe machines you see in brick-and-mortar retail stores.
While there are many gateways to choose from, the most popular and complete one that works for Volusion business owners is Authorize.Net. This and all gateways fully integrate with your store’s Admin Area to capture, authorize, credit, and void transactions from your store's Orders > Process Orders page, without logging in to your payment gateway.
However, there may be instances where you will want to log in directly to your payment gateway to make changes to credit card transactions — and we’ll tell you how in the section below.
Head’s up! ⚠️
When you Authorize, Capture, Debit, Credit, and Void transactions in the Payment Log section of an order details page in your Admin Area, it will automatically update in your gateway. However, it doesn’t work the other way around.
To make sure your store reporting is accurate, you should always add an offline payment record to the order whenever you update transactions directly within your gateway.
Authorize.Net Verified Volusion Merchants
Access Authorize.net in two simple steps:
- Go to secure.authorize.net
- Enter the Login ID and Password that you configured when you activated your account, per the instructions in your Volusion Payments welcome email
Keep in mind that you may have had to change your password since you set up your account, in accordance with the Authorize.Net Password Policy.
Find the transaction you need to update:
- Click Search in the top navigation menu of your Authorize.Net account
- Using the available search fields on the Search By Batch page, find the order ID number you need to update
Keep in mind: All fields must be entered as they appear on the order details page of your Admin Area.
- Credit Card # (the last four digits of the customer's credit card number, available in the Payment Log of the order details page in your store Admin Area)
- ID (The TransID listed in the Payment Log of the order details page in your store Admin Area)
- Invoice # (the OrderID in your store Admin Area)
3. On the search results page, click on the Trans ID for the transaction that you would like to update
4. Depending on the status of the transaction, and what you would like to do, click either “Capture,” “Void” or “Refund”
Updating transactions older than three months
To update transactions that are more than 120 days old in Authorize.Net, you will need to print, fill out and fax (or mail) the Authorize.Net Request for Expanded Credit-Return Capabilities form (or ECC form). The most up-to-date fax and address information is listed on the printable form.
Once Authorize.Net has processed your request for extended credit-return capabilities, you must contact your customer to obtain the full credit card number and expiration date that was used for the transaction. You can then use the directions below to update transactions.
- Log in to secure.authorize.net
- Click Virtual Terminal under Tools in the left navigation menu
- Select a Payment Method and Transaction Type based on what you need to update
- Enter the full credit card number and expiration date in those fields on this page
- Fill out any additional required fields to complete the transaction update
You can keep track of your transactions easily right from Volusion. But if you want to access your gateway, it’s good to know your way around it. If you follow these instructions for logging in and updating your transactions, you should have no trouble at all. But if you need extra help navigating the Virtual Terminal page of your account, visit the Authorize.Net Support Center.