Passwords are the very important to your store, so we’re giving you all the info you need to access and unlock your accounts.
We’ve broken it into two parts: Your Admin Account(s) and Your Customer Account, AKA your My.Volusion.com account.
What is an Admin login?
Your Admin login is the email/password combination used to access the Admin Area where you build and maintain your store. You can access your Admin Area by adding “/admin” to the end of your domain name or your temporary "servertrust" URL in your web browser’s address bar.
Each Volusion store has its own Admin Area. You know you’re in the right place when you see a navigation menu and Volusion Toolbar across the top of the page.
How is an Admin login created?
Your admin is created when you first sign up for a free trial or purchase your store. It’s the email address and password you initially provided to us. Make sure you keep a record of these somewhere safe.
How can I change my Admin login?
To update your admin login (email address and password) ...
- Log in to your Admin Area and go to Customers > Administrators
- Select your customer ID number (by default, your primary administrator account will be customer ID # 1)
- From the Customer Account page, you can change the Email Address and Password fields as desired
- Click Save
Remember, your password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one capital letter and one number. Be sure to keep a record of your updated login info somewhere safe.
How can I change my Admin account password?
To update your admin account password …
- Log into your Admin Area
- Go to Customers > Administrators
- Choose the ID number of your admin account from the list of store administrators
- Enter your new password into the the Password field
- Click Save
Again, keep a record of your new password somewhere safe.
My Admin password expired. Now what?
Due to PCI DSS security standards, you must change the password for your administrator account every 90 days. If you forget to do so, the software will automatically prompt you to change your password the next time you attempt to log in. Now you have to create another puzzling letter-and-number combo you’ll remember (and, for your own protection, it can’t be one that you’ve used in the past).
Take the following steps to update your expired password:
- Enter the email address you use to log in to your admin account, and click Continue
- Enter the text as it appears in the scrambled security code generator
- Click Continue to send the password assistance email
- Find and open the password assistance email and click the unique link
- Type your new password into both fields, then click Reset Password
You can now return to your login page and enter your updated credentials.
What if I forget my Admin password?
As the boss, it’s hard to remember everything (even your store password). Luckily, if you forget it, you can easily reset it:
- At the login page, click the Forgot Your Password link
- Enter the email address associated with your store's Admin account and click Submit
- Next, enter the text as it appears in the scrambled code generator
- Check your email for a message with a password reset link (if for some reason you don’t receive it, check your spam folder)
- Click the link and follow the prompts to reset your password
What if my account is not the Super Admin?
You'll need to contact the Super Admin/owner on your store account. They will be able to log in using their account and reset your password for you.
Can a store have multiple Admin accounts?
Yes. The Super Admin, AKA the store owner, can establish as many additional Admin logins as needed. See How to Add a New Administrator Account for instructions.
However, our support team can only help Super Admin’s troubleshoot any Admin Area issues. So, if you don’t have Super powers, please contact your store owner and have him or her reach out to us on your behalf.
We know being the boss is a lot of work. That’s why we try to make it as easy as possible for you to manage the many aspects — and accounts — that come with running an ecommerce business.
Besides your Admin Account(s), you’ll need to know how to access your Customer Account. The Customer Account enables you to order products and services from the Volusion website and also to access my.volusion.com.
How is a Customer Account login created?
There are a few ways to establish a Customer Account login (username and password):
- Opening a free 14-day trial (If you enter an email address already listed in the Volusion database, you must use its associated password.)
- Clicking Register on the MyVolusion login screen (my.volusion.com)
- Completing the Registration fields when making a purchase on www.volusion.com.
When a Customer Account login is created, it is assigned a unique database ID number. Although an account’s email address and password can be changed at any time, the ID number cannot be changed.
All orders placed on our website are linked to the Customer Account ID number associated with the email address used. The relationship between the order and its Customer Account also cannot be changed.
How do I use my Customer account to order from Volusion?
When you click Proceed to Checkout, you’ll be given the option to login to an existing Customer account or to create one.
- To checkout with an existing account: Click Log In next to Already have an account or trial with us?
- To create a new account at checkout: Provide your billing address, payment info and an email address and password (in the Registration fields) that you want to use for your account
I’ve used my Customer Account login to access my MyVolusion account. Now what can I do?
- Create, submit, and track support tickets
- View your monthly account usage history
- Upgrade your pricing plan level and/or pricing plan features
- Create and manage email and FTP account logins
- Retrieve customized reports on website traffic and data transfer statistics
- Manage your DNS records
- View your billing and order histories
- Add/edit a payment method for monthly fees
- Manage your contact information and MyVolusion area login details
- Establish and edit your secret question/answer (used to verify your ID during calls and live chats with support team)
How can I change my Customer Account login?
Once you’ve logged into my.volusion.com, click Account Info in the left-hand menu. Then click Edit to change your email address and/or password. (Keep in mind that you cannot change your Customer Account email address to one that’s already assigned to another account in our system.)
What should I do if I forget my Customer Account password?
Forgot your password? Just click Forgot Your Password? on the login screen on my.volusion.com and we’ll send it to your associated email address.
Can a store have multiple Customer Account logins?
Yes. The primary Customer Account associated with an order can establish as many additional Customer Account Logins for a store as desired.
- In your MyVolusion account, click Manage Users in the left-hand menu
- Select the store from the Choose a Domain menu and click Add New User
- Fill out the name and email address fields (You can opt to set the user’s viewing/editing privileges during this step, or you can set them later)
- Click Save
When you’ve completed these steps, an email will be sent to the designated address containing a link to the online registration form. To complete registration, choose a password and a secret question/answer.
⚠️️ Note that additional Volusion Customer Accounts have no legal rights over the orders to which they have been granted partial MyVolusion account access by the primary Customer Account. Volusion Support reserves the right to refuse assistance to any individual who cannot correctly answer the secret question established by the primary Customer Account. So again, make sure you are the only one who knows your secret answer and remember it or store it somewhere safe.
Additionally, Volusion accepts no responsibility for inconveniences suffered due to disputes over account ownership resulting from mismanagement of the primary Customer Account's login details and secret question.
For your protection, we strongly advise that you carefully select and oversee these items, and that you edit and secure them each time your organization makes a change of administrative personnel. You don’t want to be a locked-out store owner, at the mercy of a former employee who was the sole keeper of the passwords.
How do I know which account is the order’s primary Customer Account?
All orders placed on our website are linked to a unique database ID number that is established when a Customer Account login is created. When you log in to your MyVolusion account, your account ID number and name display in the top-right corner of the interface.
How do I delete an additional Customer Account?
If you have the primary Customer Account, you can delete additional Customer Account logins from a store order’s list of authorized users, but you cannot remove it from Volusion’s database. All Customer Accounts are retained indefinitely (yep, that’s a long time) so that we can keep accurate records.
As such, a login deleted by the primary Customer Account from the store’s user list can still access its MyVolusion account, but will have no viewing/editing rights for that store. This is a good safety precaution for former employees or any mystery accounts that show up.
To delete a Customer Account login from a store’s list of authorized users:
- Log in with the Customer Account details and click Manage Users
- Select the store name from the Choose a Domain list
- Select the user you wish to delete and click Delete
Your account passwords help you and other staff members access private areas of your store and keep business running smoothly. Hopefully these FAQs have helped you “unlock” the info you need to make the task of account management easier.