Any of our themes can make your store look polished and professional, reflect your brand personality, and resonate with your customers. That said, if you want to go your own way stylistically, we make it easy for experienced programmers to customize your navigation menu using CSS through “navigation.css” and “template.css”:
Before you make any coding changes, no matter how basic they may seem, we recommend archiving it first by making a copy and saving it to your personal computer.
Navigation Menu Editing:
- Log in to your store and navigate to the Admin Area.
- Go to Design > File Editor.
- Click on the template_XX.css file in the Shortcuts list on the right side of the page (where "XX" is the template name or number you have installed on your store).
- Edit the template.css file or select navigation.css from the Files drop-down menu across the top of the page.
- Display_Menu_#(or S)
- if_homepage and if_not_homepage
Volusion tags supported as free text:
⚠️️ A heads up about Attributes:
- They’re subject to change, so make sure that the attribute you are using will work with your theme.
- They must have the same capitalization in both the template_xx.html and template_xx.css files or customization will not work
- If you are not comfortable editing CSS, please contact us and we can get you in touch with a team that can assist you.