Fulfilling orders is easy. We’ll show you how to collect payment and ship it out.
To access orders in your Admin Area, head on over to Orders > Process Orders.
Here you can view some important details, such as open orders, pending shipments, shipped orders, and all orders. You can also do a search for orders, or sort them by different categories!
How to Process an Order
Before you receive your first order, you'll want to set up alerts so that you know when someone has made a purchase!
Get Order Alerts
- Go to Settings > Company.
- Locate the Email field and click More below it.
- In the Send Order Notifications To field, type the email address you'd like to use as the primary recipient of order notifications.
- If you wish to send order notifications to an additional address, type the email address into the CC Orders To field.
All set up? Great! To process an order, just follow these simple steps:
1. Lock the Order
- Go to Orders > Process Orders.
- Select the order you would like to process.
- Click Lock Order. Now only administrators will be able to edit this order!
2. Collect Payment
On the order details page, scroll down to the Payments section. Here, you'll find a Payments & Credits heading, where you can see how the customer paid! Confirm this amount with the amount listed as the Total Due under the Details heading. If the amounts are the same, locate the Capture menu and click Apply. Congrats: you just got paid!
Quick Note: If a payment is declined, the Payments & Credits section will let you update the payment method. To do so, select Credit Card from the Change Payment Type menu and fill out all of the fields.
3. Print Your Shipping label.
Volusion lets you choose from FedEx, UPS, or USPS. You can also set up any additional information that may be required (for example, customs information for international orders) and obtain a tracking number for the shipment!
4. Send Your Confirmation Email
After you’ve collected payment and shipped an order, it's time to notify your customer that their item is on its way! Clicking the Complete Order button at the top of the order details page will send a notification email to the customer informing them that their order has shipped.
Here are a few additional emails you can send about orders using the Email menu:
- Partially shipped
- Product Keys
- Gift Certificates
If you need to cancel an order (bummer!) just follow these steps:
- From your Admin Area, go to Orders > Process Orders.
- Click the Order ID of the order you want to cancel.
- From the Status menu at the top of the order details page, select Cancel Order.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Yes, cancel order to complete the order cancellation.
Sometimes people change their mind! No sweat. Here are some ways you may need to edit existing orders.
Add Products to an Order
- At Orders > Process Orders, click an order's ID number.
- Under Details, click Add. A new form will appear, where you'll add the new item.
- Enter the field values for the product you want to add.
- Click Save.
Edit Products on an Order
- Head over to the Details section and click Edit next to Products.
- Edit the info within the table as needed.
- Click Save to update the order!
Add Discounts to an Existing Order
To apply a discount to an existing order, go to the Discounts section of the order details page and just click Add.
Update Shipping Information
In the Shipping section near the top of each order details page, you can update the current shipping address for an order by clicking Edit next to the Shipping title.
To change the shipping method for an order, go to the Tracking section and select a new method from the Shipping Method menu. Easy!
Apply Tracking Numbers
To apply a tracking number to an order within the Tracking Number section of the order details page, enter the tracking number in the Tracking # field, select the shipping method, and enter a shipping date and cost. When finished, click Save!
Update Billing Information
You can updated billing information within an order’s details page by clicking Edit next to the Billing heading.
You've made it to the meat of your store: the orders! Congrats on getting your business up and running. And as always, we're here to help you every step of the way.
For more advanced order processing options, see "Additional Order Processing Features".