Schema.org markup, or Schema, represents a joint effort to improve the web using a structured data markup schema supported by major search engines.
On-page markup is a specific vocabulary of tags (or microdata) that are contained in your site's HTML. It makes it easier for major search engines to find relevant information on your storefront and display it to shoppers in search engine results.
Volusion provides built-in markup on many pages of your store in accordance with Schema.org.
What Gets Marked Up?
Volusion has implemented Schema.org markup using the fields that you’ve populated in your store. The guide below details the fields that are used in the Schema meta tag markup.
Markup for the Product itemtype is available for the following product elements:
- ‘name’ = Product Name
- ‘description’ = Product Description Above Pricing, or Description (when first choice not available), or Product Description Short (when second choice not available)*
- ‘image’ = -2T image (Photo Size Medium) or Photo URL Small
- ‘manufacturer’ = Manufacturer
- ‘productid’ = EAN, or Book ISBN (when first choice not available), or UPC Code (when second choice not available)
*Note that for Multi-Child Add To Cart products, the 'description' element will only be marked up once, regardless of the number of child products that appear in the multi-child grid.
Markup for the Offer itemtype has been added for the following product elements:
- ‘price’ = DealoftheDayPrice, or Sale Price (when first choice not available), or Price (when second choice not available)
- ‘availability’ = variable based on Stock Status and Do Not Allow Backorders
- Availability will be ‘In Stock’ if Stock Status is positive
- Availability will be ‘Out of Stock’ if Stock Status is at or below zero and Do Not Allow Backorders is checked
- Availability will NOT be marked up if Stock Status is at or below zero and Do Not Allow Backorders is unchecked
- ‘item condition’ = Product Condition
- This will NOT be marked up for Multi-Child Add To Cart products
Product Reviews Markup
Markup for the AggregateRating itemtype has been added to reviews left for products using the built-in Product Reviews feature of Volusion:
- ‘ratingValue’ = calculated by averaging the review stars given to a product
- ‘reviewCount’ = the number of reviews left for a product
Which pages of my store will have markup?
Product and Offer Itemtype Markup
When the information is available, the Product and Offer itemtype markup will be available for the following pages/sections of the store:
- Individual Product Details pages ("description" and "image" elements will only be marked up once for Multi-Child Add To Cart products)
- Deal of the Day page (except 'description' markup)
- Facebook Store Product pages
AggregateRating Itemtype Markup
When there are product reviews that have been submitted through the built-in review system, the AggregateRating itemtype markup will be available for
Individual Product Details pages.
Store Itemtype Markup
The Store itemtype markup will be available for all pages of the storefront.