You’re the boss, so what you say goes — that includes what you say to your customers. With Volusion, you can create customized communications, which you can email from your store’s account. We provide the templates for newsletters, order confirmations, order shipped notifications and more. You provide the edits. Done and done.
However, before you get all edit-happy, we strongly recommend you backup your original templates. This way, you won’t lose any valuable variables and default content.
To make a local backup of your template:
- Go to Design > File Editor
- In the Shortcuts menu, click /v/vspfiles/email_templates
- Choose the template you need to edit from the drop-down menu at the top of the File Editor window
- Copy the entire body of code for the template to your clipboard (should begin with <html> and end with </html>)
- Open your preferred text or HTML editor (Notepad, Wordpad, Dreamweaver, etc.) and paste the template content there
- Save the document to your computer
Keeping your Volusion email templates backup on your computer will enable you to restore them to their original state and retrieve relevant variables if they are needed. If, for example, you accidentally delete a $(Variable) from within the body of a template (whoops!), instead of fretting over it, you can simply pull up the original version you backed up. Yay, you! 🤓
The whole idea of creating communications for your business may be new to you, but that doesn’t mean you have to make rookie mistakes. By backing up any file you plan to customize, you can save yourself time and headaches trying to fix them if you accidentally delete something or move it out of place. And the sooner you can get your custom communications out of your inbox, the sooner you’ll be connecting with valuable customers. 😃