With Volusion, you have the option to add email accounts and storage to your monthly hosting plan. This allows you to create a set of consistently-named email addresses for your Volusion store using the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Volusion must be your DNS and/or email host before you proceed!
Creating an Email Address
- Log in to my.volusion.com.
- Click Manage Email below the my Stores heading in the left navigation menu.
- If you have more than one domain, make the appropriate selection from the Email Accounts drop-down menu.
- Click Add to create a new email address. A dialog box will open.
- Complete all fields and select the Active check box and click Create.
Create an Alias
An alias presents a particular email address to customers with a different name. For example, if you wanted all help-related questions to wind up in the email@example.com inbox, you could create a firstname.lastname@example.org alias for that email. Here's how to get one set up:
- On the MyVolusion email account management page, click the Add button above Aliases.
- Enter a unique name for the alias.
- Enter the mailbox or mailboxes where you want emails sent to this alias to be forwarded. You can also add email addresses that do not belong to this domain – for example, email@example.com. To add multiple emails in the To: box, separate each email with a comma and no spaces.
- Click Create.
Once you've set up your mailboxes, you're ready to connect to your Volusion email account. Now you can contact customers with a unique address straight from your store.