Disclaimer: We recently redesigned our Admin Area. Your store may look different than the one shown in this video, but most click paths were not affected.
Listing your merchandise on Amazon gives your store visibility to millions of shoppers online. It can also improve brand awareness among shoppers and drive traffic back to your online store. With Amazon integration, you can create and manage listings, keep track of stock and quantity sold, and process Amazon orders – all from your Volusion Admin Area.
To get started, you need to connect your Volusion store with your Amazon seller account. In your Admin Area, select Sell on Amazon from the Marketing dropdown. Select your country from the following list—either the United States, or the United Kingdom. Then click Go to Amazon. Log in to your Amazon account, read through and agree to the terms and conditions, then click Continue to go back to Volusion.
Once your Volusion store is linked to your Amazon seller account, you're ready to create your first listing.
Each item listed on Amazon should only exist once within the Amazon catalog. Unless you sell unique or custom products, there’s a good chance the items you’re selling already exist in Amazon, so all you need to do is match your products to ones in the Amazon catalog. If your product does not exist within Amazon, you can create your own unique listing.
First, let’s walk through the process of matching your product with one that already exists in Amazon.
- Click Add to create a new product listing, then click Select a Product from Your Inventory.
- Find the product you want to list on Amazon, then click Save this Product.
- Next, enter your product's UPC, ISBN, EAN, or ASIN and click Search to see if your product already exists in the Amazon catalog. Alternatively, you can use the Free Text option and enter a search term. Note that only sellable (non-restricted) products are searchable.
- If you find the product you’re looking for, click Sell Yours. If the product isn’t on Amazon yet, you’ll need to create a unique listing, which we’ll talk about in a minute.
- Enter your Offer details, including the item's Condition, Price, and Quantity.
- When you're finished, click List on Amazon.
Now let’s create a new listing for a product that isn’t already in the Amazon catalog. If you're creating a listing with a unique product that is not already in the Amazon marketplace, you'll need to upload it to a corresponding category template, available on Amazon.com.
- Select Advanced Listing Settings from the Settings drop-down menu.
- Click Enable Advanced Upload. (If you've previously enabled Advanced Upload, you'll already see a link to Add Products Via Upload.)
- Click Download Template from Amazon.
- Locate the category-specific template that applies to your listing.
- Complete the inventory template according to Amazon guidelines, and save it to your computer as a TXT document. Click the Browse or Choose File button on your Volusion Dashboard to locate the file.
- After you select the file, click Upload.
It might take a few minutes for newly submitted listings to show up in the listings table at Marketing > Sell on Amazon. Here, you can view all the products shared between Volusion and Amazon. Keep in mind that only listings created in Volusion can be viewed and managed in your store Admin Area.
For additional Amazon integration details and best practices, please see our guide to selling on Amazon by visiting our knowledge base and searching with the word "Amazon."