Who’s got time to deal with issues? (Pun intended.) 😉 Not you! Here’s a list of frequently asked questions (and answers!) to help you troubleshoot any snags you may run into with Deal Of The Day ... so you can get on with yours.
Question: Why can't I find the product I want to use in the Deal of the Day product finder?
Answer: It could be because the product you want to use is not eligible for Deal of the Day. There are a few restrictions, so please review the list below.
Q: Why does one of my deals show this icon
in the Deal of the Day list?
A: There are a few restrictions when it comes to Deal of the Day. It’s possible that someone edited the settings for this product after the deal was created, and now it doesn’t apply to be a Deal. Please check our list of restrictions below.
Q: Why is my Deal of the Day page not displaying any deals?
A: The first thing you’ll want to do is to check that you have at least one active deal, then you’ll also want to make sure that the Enable Deal of the Day check box is selected in your Deal of The Day Settings (to get there: Marketing > Deal of the Day > Settings > Deal of the Day Settings).
Q: Some of my deals that are active are not displaying and others that are not active are. Why?
A: It’s possible that the beginning and end dates for these deals are not set correctly. Be sure to check the Begins At and Ends At settings in the Deal Details to ensure that it is active for the correct period of time. Deals start at 12:00:00 AM on the Begins At date and end at 11:59:59PM on the Ends At date, based on the timezone that you set on your Company page (Settings > Company).
Q: Why is my deal not showing my stock of the product?
A: It could be that you haven’t checked the box for the Show Stock Status for applicable products option in the Deal of the Day settings. You may also want to check that the products for which you want to show stock quantities have (1) a quantity in the Stock Status field and (2) have the Do Not Allow Backorders box checked on their Advanced Settings > Stock tabs.
Q: How will my customers find the Deal of the Day page?
A: They can find a link to the page in the navigation menu (unless you opted to leave the Show Link in Navigation Menu drop-down Hidden in the Deal of the Day settings).
Q: Can I use a temporary product as a deal of the day?
A: Yes! But timing is everything. If the Display Begin Date is in the future, the product will show in the Deal of the Day product picker. However, the Deal won’t be active until the Display Begin Date. And it won’t be eligible if the Display End Date has passed.
Deal Of The Day Product Restrictions
We hate putting restrictions on anything. So when we do, it’s usually for good reason. If your products meet any of the following restrictions, they can’t be used for Deal of the Day. Good deal?
- Product has been deleted between the time the deal was created and when it became active
- Product has been set up with child products
- Product has a value in the Is Child Of Product Code field (Inventory > Products >Advanced Settings > Misc)
- Product has the Private Section Customer Only section checked (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Product Display)
- Product has a Setup Price (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Pricing)
- Product has a Recurring Price (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Pricing)
- Product has Hide Product checked (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Product Display)
- Product has Hide Product When Out Of Stock checked (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Product Display)
- Product has a value other than NULL in the Min Qty field (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Misc)
- Product has Allow Price Edit checked (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Misc)
- Product has text in the AddtoCartBtn Replacement Text field (Inventory > Products > Advanced Settings > Product Display)
- Product has Enable Options Inventory Control checked (Inventory > Products > Basic Product Info)
Additionally, please keep in mind that Deal of the Day is not compatible with Members-Only Purchasing and Browsing settings.
Who doesn’t love a deal?! Make sure all of your deals are good ones — configured correctly, active, displaying properly and easily found on your site. This way, you’ll earn customers’ business and their brand affinity. Now that’s a good deal.