Whoever said, “less is more” didn’t take advantage of quantity discounts. 👚👚👚 These discounts give customers special pricing when they buy products in bulk.
Volusion enables you to offer quantity discounts as either dollars off or a percentage off. For example, you might want to reduce the price by 10% if a customer buys more than 10 of a certain product, and 15% off if they buy more than 50 units. To do this you need to set up a discount for each quantity range, “10 - 49” and “50 and over.”
To do this:
- Go to Marketing > Coupons/Discounts and click Add
- Assign a Discount Name to the discount (for example, “10% Off Ten or More”)
- Select Percent off a PRODUCT from the Discount Type menu
- Set the Discount Value to “10”
- Use the Select Products link to search for and choose any number of products to assign this discount to.
- Under Advanced Info, select Define Quantity Requirements and enter “10” in the Minimum Quantity field
- Enter "49" in the Maximum Quantity field
- Click Save
- Repeat the process, this time creating a discount called “15% Off Fifty or More"
- Enter “50” for the Minimum Quantity
- Leave the Maximum Quantity blank
- At Inventory > Products, click the three-dot actions menu icon and select All Products Settings
- Make sure the Display Discount Button checkbox is selected
Now, when a customer views this product on your storefront, they'll see a button labeled View Quantity Discounts. When they click the button, they'll see a pop-up window showing the discount quantities and rates that apply.
The customer doesn't have to do anything to qualify for these discounts – other than buy the product in the appropriate quantity! 👍
You can apply the discount to any product – or even entire categories. You can also set a date range so that the discount only applies during the specified period.
See our article, “Discounting & Couponing 101” for more information.
Quantity discounts give your customers a price break that encourages them to shop big with you. Bulk purchases help you move out inventory and add to your bottom line. Win-win! 🏆