By offering a site-wide discount, your customers will be filling up their carts faster than you can say “Sale!” 🛒💨 It could be a holiday promotion (i.e. “Labor Day Sale”) or a seasonal sale (i.e. “Back To School Savings”). Whatever you call it, you’re offering a deal on every product in your store, and that’s music to a shopper’s ears! 🎶
To create a site-wide discount:
- Go to Marketing > Coupon/Discounts in your Admin Area
- Click Add
- Enter a name for your discount in the Discount Name field.
- If you want the discount to be automatically applies, you do NOT need to select Coupon and add a Coupon Code
- Select Percent Off Entire Order from the Discount Type menu
- Fill in Discount Value with the discount amount (for example, “10,” if you want to offer a site-wide 10% discount)
- Click Save
You can also configure other options for your discount, such as making it applicable only for a limited time (by setting a start and end date for example). All of this can be done within the detail edit page for the coupon/discount.
The discount will be displayed and applied on the customer’s shopping cart page!
For shoppers, a discount is the ultimate invitation to spend at your store. 💸 Often they will buy more than they intended, just because they’re getting a deal. By using every tool in your arsenal, such as site-wide discounts, and strategically planning so you don’t mark items lower than what you paid for them, you’re putting money in the bank! 💰💰💰 🏦