- You will not be able to use the Volusion SSL if you have your DNS pointed to a service like CloudFlare, SiteSpect, or any program that changes IP traffic.
- The Volusion SSL is included in your hosting fee if you are on one of our unlimited bandwidth plans. If you are not on one of these plans, you will see a $10 added to your monthly service fees.
Steps to Install
You are finally ready to take your store live and begin taking orders from customers. You have your payment system setup and everything is ready to go…...except you don’t have an SSL installed. Not to worry, Volusion has your back on this! Just follow the simple steps below to get it done.
- From within the dashboard of your store, hover over the menu item that says “Settings” and select the “Company” option.
2. In the dropdown menu next to “Domain Name” select the option that has the domain name for your store and click “Save” in the upper right-hand corner.
3. A popup will appear with a link to the “Going Live Checklist” as well as our guide to DNS setup and a notice stating that your SSL will be installed at this time as well.. Click “Continue”.
4. It can take up to 1 hour for the SSL to be installed after doing this. While you wait, you should make sure you have the “Force Secure Storefront” enabled. You can do this by hovering over the “Settings” option again and select “Config Variables”.
5. Click the button that says “Search” and type in “Force Secure Storefront”. To enable this feature, simply check the box in line item that appears in the search result and click “Save”.
6. To see if your SSL is installed yet, you can use any SSL checker available online. One of our favorites is www.whynopadlock.com. It is normal to see something that says the force secure is not enabled on site at this point.
7. After you see confirmation your SSL is installed correctly, go back to the “Company” option in “Settings” and click “Save”. At this point, if you rescan your site, you should see that previous warning is now gone.
And You Are Done!
That’s it, you’re done and your store is now secure. This SSL will auto-renew in 3 month increments and should not require any further action on your part.