When you signed up for your store, you either provided the domain name you wanted to operate on, or you entered a placeholder value for that purpose. Each Volusion store must have one (and only one) unique operating domain name assignment at all times. We understand that things change, including business plans. If you need to change the operating domain name assignment of your store, here's how you can do it:
- Log in to MyVolusion.
- In the left menu, under the my Stores heading, select Domain Name Change.
- In the Current Domain Name menu at the top, make sure the store you want to change the domain name for is selected. If you don't see the store in this list, you're not logged in to the correct account. In this case, log out and log back in with the correct credentials, or contact the store owner.
- In the New Domain Name field, enter the new value you want to change the store to. You can also enter any additional details in the Comments field.
- Click the Important Things You Need to Know link and read through the details.
- When you're ready to proceed, select the Terms and Conditions check box.
- Press Submit.
That's it! You've done your part. Now, allow us up to 5 business days to process the request. When it's finished, we'll send you a confirmation email with additional information.
For more information about domain names, see "All About Domain Names".
For more information about going live on your new domain name, see "Go Live on Your Domain".