The Order Finished page (OrderFinished.asp) is where you usually say goodbye to your customers. You can make this parting temporary by using this page to bring those customers back for more! Here are several ways to add value to the end of your transactions.
A number of instructions and messages are already set up for the Order Finished page. This messaging thanks the customer for their order, directs them to where they can view the status of their order, and gives any instructions that apply to the various shipping and payment methods chosen. These should be left alone (except where you need to edit your mailing address for checks and cash order, etc). You can, however, add use Article ID # 49 - PreText to add custom content. This article is displayed regardless of shipping or payment methods and will be seen by all customers. To edit this:
- Go to Design > Site Content.
- Scroll down to the Order Finished section and click on article ID 49, PreText.
- In the Article Body field, you'll see "Thank you for placing your order. Your order number is $(OrderNo)." You can edit this messaging, and add further text or images using the Easy Editor toolbar. You'll want to keep the last sentence to show the customer his or her order number.
- Click Save when finished. You can view the article by clicking the View Live link.
What to Add to Your Order Finished Page
A few suggestions:
A Personalized "Thank You" Message
Extend the personality of your site to your "thank you" message. You can change this as often as you want to keep it topical.
If you're selling kids toys or clothing, how about a new terrible knock-knock joke every week? Or try providing a fun fact that is relevant to the products you sell? A new memorable quotation (even from a movie!) can add value to your Order Finished page.
Extend the farewell to a short video if this matches the personality of your site. Again, this should be changed from time to time to keep it fresh and repeat customers interested. Who knows, you could have customers making purchases just to see your latest video.....
A Coupon Code
"Thanks for purchasing! Use this coupon code next time you shop with us for 20% off a single item!" Rewarding your customers after they've made a purchase is always a good way to get them to come back.
As well as offering something to all customers who make a purchase, you can give an extra reward to those who buy particular products. You can offer coupon codes for products or categories relating to the product purchased, or provide links to web articles relating to the specific product, etc.
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Click on the product you want to edit.
- Go to Advanced Info > Product Display.
- Enter the text or HTML code in the Order Finished Note field.
- Click Save when finished.
Content entered in the Order Finished Note field will appear below content in article 49 (PreText) field.
If you decide to add product based content, you should keep in mind that the Order Finished page seen by customers will display the store-wide Order Finished content and the Order Finished Note for every product the customer just purchased.