When you’re the boss, you delegate. Because, let’s face it, running a business takes a village. 🏘️
As fabulous as you are, 😎 you can’t do everything. 😯 So you hire employees and assign them roles and tasks. 👩💼 👨💻 👨🏭 Since you might have different team members running your online, you’ll want a way to easily control who has access to what areas, and what they’re doing in those areas. For this, you need administrator accounts.
Creating additional admin accounts for your Volusion store is simple. Just login to your Volusion store as the primary administrator (Super Admin 💪). Typically, this is the administrator account that was automatically created by Volusion when you first opened your store.
From there, you can create new administrator accounts and assign privileges.
Creating a New Administrator Account
- While logged in to the Super Admin account, go to Customers >Administrators.
- Click Add.
- From the Access Key menu, select Administrator.
- Enter the new administrator's email address in the Email Address field.
- Define a secure password for the new administrator.
- Fill in the rest of the fields as required (such as First Name, Last Name, Address, etc.).
- Click Save to create the new account.
Once the new account for the administrator is created, you must set up the exact privileges for this administrator. You can "fine-tune" the access by table and view, so that administrators responsible for a specific part of your store cannot view tables or perform tasks in other areas.
- Once a new administrator account has been created, a new link will appear immediately above the Email Address field called Edit Cust# Access Rules.
- Clicking the link will display the database tables and admin sections within your Volusion store to which an administrator can be granted access. See "Admin Access Rules" for a full list of the sections in your Admin Area that you can give access to. If privileges are not assigned to the new administrator, they will be unable to do anything more than log into the administration area.
- To allow the new administrator full access to the entire administration area, return to the Customer Management page and check the Is Super Admin check box under the Special Privileges section.
For security reasons, we advise that you exercise caution in allowing other administrators this full access.
Note that when you create a new administrative account, the email address is not notified automatically.
By setting up different admin accounts and assigning administrators specific privileges, you can build a dream team of employees with the myriad skills sets you need to get the job done well. You get to put on your boss hat 🎩 and oversee the operation — and count the money that comes in! 💰💰💰