While your site’s domain name is being indexed by the Domain Name Server (DNS), the internet’s equivalent of a phone book, (typically a 24-72 hour process), you may find that your domain name redirects to a temporary address — the Server Trust address.
If this continues to happen even after your site’s been “propagated” — the technical term for your site’s info being updated across the internet — try correcting it by taking these 3 simple steps:
- In your Admin Area, go to Settings > Company
- Change the Domain Name menu from your temporary hostname to your registered domain name
- Click Save
Voila! Your store url should now display your real domain name (no longer the Server Trust address).
However, if you see the message below, don’t fret yet! 😟
ERROR: No store configured at "http://www.domain.com/". If you have just changed your DNS, please allow 24-72 hours before changing this value.
There are a couple of logical explanations:
- Too soon. You may have attempted to change from your temporary hostname before your domain's new Volusion Name Servers (NS1.VOLUSION.COM, NS2.VOLUSION.COM, NS3.VOLUSION.COM, and NS4.VOLUSION.COM) are fully propagated.Solution: Wait at least 24-72 hours before attempting to select your domain in the Domain Name drop-down.
- Domain name change. If you changed the Name Servers for a domain not associated with your hosting plan, you will not be able to configure that domain to point at your store. Solution: Contact Volusion Support to get instructions about initiating a domain name change.
If you're still unable to change the domain name of your store after more than 72 hours, check out the following articles on DNS:
- Configuring Your Domain for Use With Your Volusion Store
- Pointing to a Subdomain
And if those don't do the trick, contact Volusion support, 📱 📧 and we’ll be happy to help you. 😀