Related Products are products in the same category as the item a shopper is viewing. Displaying them on a product's page is a great way to up-sell. To turn on Related Products, log in to your Admin Area, go to Inventory > Products, click the three-dot actions menu icon, select All Products Settings, select the Show Related Products check box, and click Save. Four or eight randomly-selected products in the same category display in the Related Items section.
How do I specify which related products display?
There is no way to specify which related products are displayed. If you really need to define each product's related products, however, you can use the Product Accessories feature rather than Related Products. Be aware that doing this requires more work as you have to define the related products for each product, as opposed to simply checking a single check box.
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Click the three-dot actions menu icon and select All Products Settings.
- Make sure ShowRelated Product is not selected.
- Select Enable Products As Accessories.
- Click Save.
- Go to the product for which you want to specify related products and enter the Product Code or Codes in the Accessories field on the Misc tab of the Advanced Info section. If you enter more than one, you need to separate them with commas. Note that these accessories will be displayed in a random order, not the order entered here.
- Save and repeat for all products you want to display.
Now you'll need to change the title of the Accessories section to Related Products (or something similar).
To do this:
- Go to Design > Site Content.
- Select Page Text from the Article Group menu.
- Select Product Details from the Category menu.
- Scroll down to ID # 665 and make your changes to text in the Page Text field.
- Click Save.
The selected products now display.