If you're based outside of the United States (particularly Europe or Asia) you may have experienced an error when attempting to process payments for orders placed by your domestic customers. The error is related to your store's currency settings, and reads as follows:
PMII.badAcqAmount error when trying to process an order
This error is caused by a mismatch in the currency type your store is sending to your payment gateway. The specific currency type, as it was automatically defined in your Admin Area, may have been modified to a value that your payment gateway cannot read.
Updating Your Payment Gateway Currency Code
To update the currency type that is sent to your payment gateway:
- Go to Settings > Config Variables.
- Click Search.
- In the Name field, type "currency" and click Search.
- In the Payment Gateway Currency Code field, enter the standards three-letter, all-caps code used to signify your region's currency.
Examples of valid three-letter codes include AUD, GBP, EUR, CAD, JPY, USD.
Updating the Storefront Display of Your Currency
If your currency is not displaying properly on your storefront, you may need to update the HTML-friendly codes for your currency symbol.
- Go to Settings > Currency.
- Click View List near the top right corner of the page.
- The Exchange Rates page lists your store's currencies and corresponding exchange rates. Click the Exchange Rate ID for your store's currency to see the Details page for that currency.
Volusion does not use the ASCII or UNICODE values for currency types but instead uses HTML code for the symbols for currencies. For example: for British Pounds the £ symbol should be listed using the HTML-friendly code; even the £ symbol for the Pound itself will cause an error when Volusion displays the symbol or sends payment information to payment services such as PayPal.
Once you've configured your active currency types to use the HTML-friendly definitions for each currency symbol, you should not have any currency display issues.
The following table shows the proper HTML-friendly values for major world currencies:
HTML-Friendly Code: $
Currency: British Pound
HTML-Friendly Code: £
HTML-Friendly Code: €
Currency: Japanese Yen
HTML-Friendly Code: ¥
HTML-Friendly Code: ¢
Currency: generic currency symbol
HTML-Friendly Code: ¤