You can customize the emails that are sent from your store - newsletters, order confirmations, order shipped notifications, etc. - but before you make any edits, you should back up your email templates to ensure you don't lose valuable variables and default content.
To make a local backup of your template:
- Go to Design > File Editor.
- In the Shortcuts menu, click /v/vspfiles/email_templates.
- Choose the template you need to edit from the drop-down menu at the top of the File Editor window.
- Copy the entire body of code for the template to your clipboard. The selected code should begin with <html> and end with </html>.
- Open your preferred text or HTML editor and paste the template content (Notepad, Wordpad, Dreamweaver, etc.).
- Save the document.
Keeping this template backup on your local computer will enable you to restore your template to its original state and retrieve relevant variables if they are needed (for example, if you accidentally delete a $(Variable) from within the body of a template).