When you use an FTP client to access your store's files, you'll be able to view a maximum of 200,000 files at a time in any given directory. If you need to view more files than that, however, you can also access your FTP through your computer's command line interface. Note that this method is only recommended for advanced computer users.
To get started, copy and paste this URL into your web browser address bar:
There, click Save File to download the PSFTP client, making sure to note the name of the directory you saved the file to.
To access your FTP using the command line interface:
1. Open a command prompt window. (On a PC, hold down the keyboard combination of Windows key + R to open the Run line, then type "cmd" and click OK.)
2. Use the command prompt to select the folder where you saved the "psftp.exe" file. For example, if you saved the file to your desktop, you'll type the following:
Replace "your_name" with your user name for this machine, then hit the Enter key.
3. Once you're in the folder that contains the PSFTP application, type the following to open a connection with Volusion's SFTP protocol, then hit the Enter key:
PSFTP yourstorename.com -P 2222
Replace "yourstorename.com" with your store's domain name, servertrust, or IP address, then hit the Enter key.
4. You'll see a prompt to accept the unknown host key; type "y" to do so, then hit Enter.
5. Enter your FTP username when prompted.
6. Enter your FTP password when prompted.
Once you've connected to the SFTP protocol, you can use typical FTP commands in the command line interface to upload, download, and navigate through your files.
Note that some users find it beneficial for usability to create a special folder on the C: drive and save the psftp.exe file in it. This makes manually typing the file path easier when following the instructions above.