When it comes to online checkout, faster and easier is almost always better. The more simple and streamlined the process, the higher the sales (and the fewer abandoned carts 🛒🛒🛒). This is the beauty of Volusion’s PayPal Express Checkout integration.
Besides being efficient, PayPal Express Checkout is flexible and customizable. You can use it with six different currencies: USD, AUD, GBP, EUR, CAD or JPY. And you can customize the pages with your store logo and colors, for a seamless brand experience. 🙌
First Things, First
Before you can use PayPal Express Checkout with your Volusion store, you'll need a PayPal business account. If you haven't done so already, sign up for PayPal Express Checkout and follow the prompts to create a business account.
You can upgrade an existing PayPal personal account or create a separate business account. If you already have a business account that you use for a different platform, you'll need to create a new business account to integrate with Volusion.
Integrating PayPal Express Checkout With Volusion
You can integrate your PayPal Express Checkout account with Volusion in 4 simple steps:
- Go to Settings > Payment in your Admin Area and select the More Payment Types tab
- Select PayPal, then select the Express Checkout option
- Enter your PayPal API Username, API Password, and Signature (click here to view this information in PayPal)
- Click Save
Your Volusion store is now integrated with your PayPal Express Checkout account. Easy, right?! 👍
How It Works For Your Customers
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: the PayPal Express Checkout process is quick and easy for your customers. Here’s a rundown of the experience:
- On your store’s checkout page, the customer will click Check Out with PayPal (if your store doesn’t allow anonymous checkouts, they'll be prompted to log in to their store account first)
- Once the PayPal Express modal appears, the customer will log in to their PayPal account and follow the checkout process
- If a customer doesn’t have a PayPal account, they will need to create one
- Customers who have not used PayPal Express Checkout in the past, will need to agree to the terms and conditions
- The customer must confirm their Shipping Address and Payment Method, and has the option to specify This is a Gift, before clicking Continue
- If the customer chooses the Gift option, they will be prompted to enter relevant gift information
- The PayPal Express checkout modal will disappear, and the customer will be redirected back to your store’s checkout page. The customer’s address and payment info from PayPal will automatically populate on your checkout page.
- The customer can then choose a Shipping Method and click Place Order
- Their payment will be made to your PayPal business account and they’ll receive an Order Confirmation notification.
Processing PayPal Express Checkout Orders
Orders placed via PayPal Express Checkout will be logged in your Admin Area, along with all your other orders. To view them, go to Orders > Process Orders.
A few special things to note about PayPal Express Checkout Orders:
- Customer billing and shipping info for PayPal Express Checkout orders cannot be updated from the Order Details page
- Order notes entered in PayPal or on the one-page checkout will appear in the Order Notes section
- PayPal Express Checkout orders will show a Debit record in the Payment Log section as "Paid Via - PayPal Express"
- You have the option to Add Offline Payment in the Payments & Credits section
- You'll see a TransID and a button to refund the entire order, if needed (more on that below)
Issuing refunds is not so fun. ☹️ But at least with PayPal Express it’s easy. 😊
You can issue full refunds from the Order Details page in your Admin Area by clicking Refund in the Payment Log section. If you need to issue a partial refund, you can do so directly from your PayPal Express Checkout account.
Keep in mind that eCheck payment refunds may be delayed by PayPal. Additionally, PayPal may choose to audit a transaction, which may also result in delays. Delayed refunds will show as successful in your Volusion Admin Area, but PayPal may reach out to you directly if there are any issues with the refund.
PayPal Express Checkout gives customers the opportunity to zip through your store’s checkout process without pausing to reach for their wallets (or reconsider their purchase). And it’s even faster and more seamless than PayPal’s standard checkout procedure. Integrate PayPay Express Checkout today and see what it can do to increase checkout speed, sales and customer satisfaction.