Follow these steps to set up a "buy one, get one free" discount that allows a customer to buy Product A and get a second Product A free.
- In your Admin Area, go to Marketing > Coupons/Discounts and click Add to create a new discount.
- Enter a Discount Name (for example, "Buy One, Get One Free")
- Select Dollar Amount Off Entire Order from the Discount Type menu.
- Enter the price of the product being offered in the Discount Value field.
- Click Select Products and choose the applicable product, then click Apply.
- Under Advanced Info, click the Define Quantity Requirements check box and enter "2" in the Minimum Quantity field and "2" in the Maximum Quantity field.
- Click Save.
Now, when a customer places two of the specified item in their cart, they'll receive a discount for the price of the item.
To learn more about coupon and discount configurations, see "Coupons / Discounts".