Gift certificates are convenient, practical and perfect for shoppers who like to live risky and shop last minute. Read on and learn how to set them up in your store!
How to Set Up Gift Certificates
Before creating a gift certificate, you'll have to set up a few things:
- Go to Settings > Config Variables.
- Perform a search for the term "gift".
- Make sure Enable Gift Certificates is selected. If it isn't, select it and save.
- Perform a search for the term "price".
- Make sure Enable Price Edit is selected. If it isn't, select it and save!
Now you're ready to create your certificates! To get started:
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Click Add.
- Name your gift certificate (we humbly suggest "Gift Certificate" for most cases)
- Give it the product code GFT. (No other product in your store should have this product code!)
- In the Price field, enter "0.00". (The customer will specify the value of the certificate during the order process!)
- In the Weight field, enter "0".
- Under Advanced Info > Misc, select Allow Price Edit.
- Enter any other product details you want to include, such as an image and description.
- Add the product to the appropriate Category(s). You may want to create a category specifically for Gift Certificates and add it to your main navigation menu or footer, so customers can easily find it.
- Click Save.
The gift certificate will now appear on your storefront like any other product!
Gift Certificate Settings
Once a gift certificate is created, you can view or modify it on the Gift Certificates page in Marketing > Gift Certificates. Here you can modify, assign or activate a gift certificate. You can also see the current balance of active certificates.
Gift certificates are one of the easiest ways for customers to shop your store. By following these easy steps, you'll have shoppers giving in no time!