With articles, you can go into greater detail about products on your site, or tell customers about relevant topics they might be interested in. Read on to learn how to add them to your store!
Creating the Article
- Go to Design > Site Content.
- Click View List above the table.
- Click the Add button.
- Select Other Articles from the Category ID menu.
- Complete the Article Title, Article Caption (if required), and Article Body fields.
- If you want to complete the SEO section at this time, see the Search Engine Optimization section of the Site Content article.
- Make sure Save and Stay on This Page is selected and click Save.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click the View Live Article Page link.
- This new screen will show your article as it appears on your site!
- You should now save the page's URL, or at least make a note of the number that appears at the end of the URL. (for example, http://www.yourvolusiondomain.com/Articles.asp?ID=248)
Now your article is live: to make it more accessible to your shoppers, keep reading!
Linking to Your Article
You can now create links to this article from the footer of your storefront or from any navigation menu.
To link to the article from a navigation menu
1. Go to Inventory > Categories.
2. Click Add.
3. In the Category Name field, enter a name for the article.
4. In the Show in Menu drop-down, select the menu in which you want this link to appear.
5. Under Advanced Settings, click on the Misc tab.
6. In the Alternate URL field, enter the following:
"nnn" is the number noted in the final step of the Creating the Article procedure above (for example, 248).
7. Click Save.
Now your article is live and can be read by eager shoppers wanting to learn more!