Your Admin Area provides access to numerous pages and tools to help you run a successful online store. Read on for a summary of each one.
For general information about the Admin Area and its features and conventions, see "Learn the Admin UI".
- Process Orders: This is where you manage all of your orders. You can capture payment and edit orders, print labels, as well as batch processing. Orders
- Phone Orders: The phone order screen allows you to take orders over the phone. This screen is configured to be both the shopping cart and the checkout page, to make collecting order and billing information easy. How to Process Phone Orders
- Recurring Billing: Manage your recurring billing orders here. Process all due recurring charges in batch processes. Recurring Billing
- Returns/RMAs: Manage all returns and RMAs here. Returns and RMAs
- Point of Sale: If you have a UPC scanner and a card scanner you can create orders here. (Only use this if you have these scanners - otherwise use the Phone Orders page.) Point of Sale (POS) System
- Abandoned/Live Carts: View real time information about live and abandoned carts here. Abandoned / Live Carts
- CRM System: This Customer Relationship Management system can be configured to connect with your store email addresses to allow customers to submit tickets for assistance. It can be configured to have multiple departments, private ticket notes and multiple users / responders. CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System
- Accounts: Manage your customer information and account settings from this page.
- Customer Reviews: Manage customer reviews on products and set up review filters here.
- Administrators: View and manage customer accounts with administrator access here.
- Admin History: This page allows you to view all account that have logged into your store, in addition to what pages of your administration area were accessed by administrators.
- Knowledge Base: Create articles to answer common customer questions.
- Categories: Manage all of your categories, subcategories and their settings on this page.
- Products: Manage all of your Products and their settings on this page.
- Options: Manage your product options and option categories here.
- Vendors: Create and manage your vendor information here.
- Purchase Orders: Create, edit, and manage your POs on this page.
- Receiving: Inventory system used for adding incoming merchandise using the keyboard or scanner.
- Product Key Distribution: This page is used to manage product keys for software products.
- Warehouses: Create warehouses here, used for drop shipping and shipping charge calculation.
- Social: Connect your store directly to Twitter and Facebook to post about and promote your store's products and categories.
- Facebook Store: Set up and manage your Facebook store.
- Sell on eBay: Integrate your Volusion store with your eBay seller account.
- Deal of the Day: Schedule and promote daily deals to bring shoppers to your storefront.
- Coupons/Discounts: Create and manage your stores coupons and discounts.
- Nav Menu Promotions: Manage promotions found in your left navigation menu. Special Sales, SSL badges, and Credit Card logos are here.
- MyRewards: Configure and manage your customer reward system.
- Newsletters: Create newsletter emails to send to your customers on your mailing list.
- Gift Certificates: Manage your gift certificates here.
- SEO: Control your SEO settings and add global meta tags on this page.
- Affiliates: Manage your affiliates and their settings here.
- In-Stock Requests: List your customers' in-stock requests.
- Theme: Choose a free or premium paid template from the Volusion template library.
- Logos: Upload logos for your website title and invoices.
- Mobile: Enable an optimized browsing and checkout experience for shoppers using mobile devices.
- Site Content: Home of all the articles on your site. Create and manage your articles.
- Navigation Menu: Control the look of the navigation menus on your storefront.
- File Editor: Use a text editor to modify your template's HTML and CSS. You can also edit certain automatically generated email templates here.
- Product Display Settings: Configure the comparison and search pages, as well as special product sections on your homepage.
- Homepage Slideshow: Upload images and configure settings for a slideshow on your homepage.
- Reporting: Generate reports about orders, store profits and much more.
- ROI Tracking: Create tracking URLs for campaigns, and maintain lists of referrers . Also the same area you can use to track affiliate traffic to your site.
- Affiliate Stats: Info about affiliate sales and commissions.
- Search Terms: List of common search terms customers use when searching on your site.
- Company: Set up your company information here.
- Shipping: Setup and test your shipping methods. Set what methods are available to what countries. Register and configure your live rate calculations.
- Tax: Configure your tax rates here. Apply tax rates to certain states and countries.
- Payment: Control what payment methods are available to your customers. Input payment gateway information, set up PayPal and other payment methods.
- Currency: Create profiles for each type of currency you would like your customers to shop with.
- IP Firewall: Restrict IP access to your site for both the storefront and back end administration pages.
- Config Variables: Configuration settings for your checkout, email, and general store settings.
- Custom Fields: Setup custom fields. Use text boxes and drop downs to display/gather information for your Customers table or for individual orders.
- Maintenance: Close your store, set up 301 redirects, remove old orders and increment order IDs.
Did this answer your question?