MailChimp provides email marketing and publishing features that makes it easy to design and send eye-catching emails, manage subscriber lists and track campaign performance!
To get started with MailChimp, visit their sign-up page and create a free account.
Note that MailChimp may change the layout of their interface. You should check out MailChimp's website for the most up-to-date information on importing contacts and creating a signup form. MailChimp provides a wealth of videos, webinars, user guides, and knowledge base articles! 📚
Integration - Import/Export
You can use Volusion's import / export tool to export customer information from your store into the MailChimp system. You can even export as many of the fields in your Customers table into MailChimp as you want!
Exporting Customers From Volusion
- Log in to your Admin Area and go to Inventory > Import/Export.
- Click the Standard Export tab.
- Select Customers from the Export From menu.
- Select the fields you want to export. Choose as many as you like, but at minimum, you must include FirstName, LastName, and EmailAddress.
- Select CSV from the File Format menu and click Export.
- After the page refreshes, click Download.
- Open the file and delete any anonymous entries or rows containing "ROI Tracker" in the EmailAddress column.
- Save the file.
Importing as Contacts Into MailChimp
- After signing in, click Lists.
- If you want to import into a new list you will need to create the list first. Click the Create List button, fill in the fields marked with red asterisks, then click Save.
- Click the Import link for the list into which you want to import customer data.
- Click the Upload File button in the Import From section.
- Click Browse in the Upload a File section and navigate to the file created above.
- Click the Import List button.
- You will now be presented with columns showing the imported data. Here you go through the columns selecting the column name you want it to have. For fields other than First Name, Last Name and Email Address you will also need to select the Field Type.
- Click All Done.
Note that MailChimp will not import customers with invalid email addresses, so any records marked as anonymous_user will be rejected.
Integration - API 👫
You can use the Volusion API to connect your store with a third-party email marketing provider like MailChimp. To learn more about available solutions, visit our Merchant Marketplace!
Replacing the Volusion Newsletter Signup with a MailChimp Form
If you want customers to be able to sign-up for newsletters using MailChimp rather than Volusion's newsletter feature, you can do this by hiding the I Wish to Receive Newsletter Emails from Your Store checkbox that is displayed when they register and creating a MailChimp form!
To delete the newsletter option box, see "How to Edit the "I wish to receive newsletter emails from..." Option".
MailChimp lets you create a wide variety of highly customizable forms, which is well beyond the scope of this article. For further information, head on over to MailChimp's contact page!