OrderCup is a powerful web-based software service that fully integrates with the Volusion API to maximize your shipping and order processing efficiency. OrderCup is able to retrieve your Volusion orders to print shipping labels, packing slips, and invoices in just a few clicks!
OrderCup also offers support for all of the leading shipping carriers (FedEx, UPS, and USPS), and will send Tracking Numbers back to your Volusion store and automatically send the information to customers.
The complete list of OrderCup features includes value-added services such as easy returns processing, discounted package insurance, address validation, and support for tools such as electronic scales and thermal/laser shipping label printers. Check out the OrderCup website for complete information and to get started taking advantage of this smooth and convenient integration!
Generating the Generic/Orders URL
- In your Admin Area, go to Inventory > Import/Export.
- Click the Volusion API tab.
- Enable both the Generic API and the StoneEdge API (if not already enabled).
- Click Run next to Generic\Orders.
- On the following screen, select the first check box under Select Columns for the Column Name " * ". Click Run at the top of the page.
- Copy the complete URL to your clipboard - you'll need it when Creating Your Volusion Store in OrderCup (below).
Creating Your Volusion Store in OrderCup
After you sign up for an OrderCup account, you need to create your Volusion store in OrderCup. The New Store Wizard in OrderCup makes this process fast and easy.
- Log in to your OrderCup account.
- On the Stores tab, click the New Store button.
- Select Volusion from the Select Shopping Cart drop-down menu and fill in your Business Name and Store URL. Click Next Step.
- Enter your business' Ship-From information and click Next Step.
- Paste the URL from your store's Generic\Orders export. For instructions on how to retrieve your Generic\Orders URL, see above.
That's it! Once you create your Volusion Store in OrderCup, you can configure your Shipping Carrier accounts. You can also set up the devices that you would like to use with your OrderCup account, including printers and scales. After you finish configuring all of your OrderCup account Settings, you can start to Fetch Orders from your store to print labels and complete shipping.
OrderCup will fetch orders from your Volusion store both periodically and (when necessary) on-demand. Once an order is in your OrderCup account, you can click Ship on the order to process the shipping details. After you process the shipping for the order, click the Update button to update the shipping information in your store, update the order status in Volusion, and trigger the Order Shipped email to your customer.
Notes on the OrderCup Integration
Changing your Admin Area Password
You must change the administrator password for your store's Admin Area every 90 days to comply with Volusion's PCI/CISP Certification requirements. Each time you change your Admin Area password, you'll need to update the Sample Volusion EDI URL field in your OrderCup account.
- Repeat the steps for "Generating the Generic\Orders URL" above to get your updated URL. Copy the updated URL to your clipboard.
- Log in to your OrderCup account and click the Stores tab.
- Click Edit beside your store name.
- Find the Sample Volusion EDI URL field on the Editing screen.
- Paste the updated URL from your clipboard into that field and click Save in the Store Info section of the page.
You should now be able to Fetch and Sync orders from your Volusion store in your OrderCup account successfully.
Custom Fields and the OrderCup Integration
If you've added a new "Custom Field for Orders" to your one-page-checkout, you will need to regenerate your Orders.xsd file to include the new Custom Field(s).
- Log in to your store's FTP account by typing ftp://yourvolusiondomain.com into your browser (where yourvolusiondomain.com is your store's domain). If you need instructions, see our articles on setting up and using your Volusion store's FTP.
- Go to the vspfiles/schema/generic folder in your store's FTP.
- Find the Orders.xsd file and delete it (the file will be regenerated automatically). The Orders in your store should now successfully sync with your OrderCup account again.
After going through the simple OrderCup setup, your order processing will be optimized using the many tools available in OrderCup. Check out the OrderCup documentation to find out all of the great features that you can use to continue streamlining your store order processing!