If you have a product that has options with price differences, you can add an Update Price button to your product page. This is particularly useful for products with multiple options, so that your customers can see the price resulting from the combination of options they have chosen.
For example, if a product has a basic cost of $30 and has the following option categories and options:
- Color: Red, blue, Silver (add $2), Gold (add $5)
- Size: S, M, L, XL (add $2)
Selecting Gold and XL and clicking Update Price will result in an updated price of $37.
Enabling the Update Price Button
To enable the Update Price feature:
- Log in to your Admin Area and go to Inventory > Products.
- Click the three-dot actions menu icon and select All Products Settings.
- Select Display Update Price Button.
- Click Save.
The Update Price Button feature is now enabled.
You should also edit the Our Price and Sale Price buttons for all products with options with price differences, as this label is displayed before the updated price.
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Click the Product Code for the product you want to edit.
- On the Advanced Info > Product Display tab, enter the replacement labels for the Product Price Name and Sale Price Name. For example, you might use "Base Price" and "Updated Price."
- Click Save.
Now, any product that has at least one option with a value in its Price Diff field will display the Update Price button beneath the price on its product page. When your customers make their selection of options and click the Update Price button, the updated price will be displayed.
If you use the Update Price button with the Inventory Control Grid, you should make sure that the price differences are set before creating the child products.